Give Water...Give Life.

I'm always talking about how I should use this blog to make myself some cash and so far it has never worked, not even a little bit. (Thanks, Warren.) I'm going to keep trying though, and for once my motives are completely altruistic. See, there's this water crisis going on. Maybe you already know? I didn't know, not really, but it's true. There are people in this world who don't have access to clean drinking water- lots of people, almost one billion people, in fact- and they're suffering because of it. Malaria, worms, typhoid, diarrhea and other terrible stuff that no one should have to deal with- especially not when a solution is so simple. They just need clean water. The water is right there, under the ground, waiting to be reached. Easy. When a community gets access to safe water, disease and child mortality drop almost overnight. Girls who used to have to walk miles to fetch water can go to school. A well can really turn things around. And the most awesome part of it is that these wells can be built for as little as $5,000- a pretty small amount to completely change the lives of an entire community, wouldn't you say?

My Bible Fellowship at church has committed to raising the money to build one of these wells through The Thirst Project. (Check out their website, it's a great organization.) We've selected the village of Iyingo, Uganda for our well. Right now the village gets their water from a contaminated lake that they share with bugs and birds. Not so good...but we can help. We're trying to raise the money by June- the sooner we raise it, the sooner they get fresh water. So, read about it, think about it, pray about it, and if you feel so moved, please help us reach our goal.

Click here to donate.

And for your efforts, and for the time you spent reading my sales pitch, please enjoy this painting of a howler monkey, which I will hopefully see when I visit Costa Rica in 9 days.
Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts