And I bet you shop at Fry's, too.

I went to Trader Joe's during my lunch break and while I was in line to check out, a man approached and, after giving me the once-over, said "You look like you take care of yourself. You should join us." And he handed me a card for an exercise boot camp. "I find that people who shop here," he said, gesturing around us, "tend to be healthier than people who shop at, say, Fry's." Ooh, burn, all you unhealthy Fry's shoppers. He must have been fooled by the bag of apples I was buying, because I definitely don't take care of myself. I'm not one of "them". He somehow missed the fact that in my other hand I was holding a container of miniature peanut butter cups. Miniature peanut butter cups that, as a matter of fact, were the only reason I'd chosen Trader Joe's over Safeway or Sprouts or any other grocery store. Sure, I was buying apples, but I was there for the candy.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, except it was weird and funny and I thought I would post it here so my aunt would have something to read. Except now, the more I think about it- maybe that line, "You look like you take care of yourself.", maybe that was a trick! Why would he be recruiting fit people for boot camp? Hmm? Here I am, feeling all smug that I can look good while maintaining a diet high in pie, popcorn, and miniature peanut butter cups, and really some random guy was calling me fat! Oh! I am so offended.

Oh well. Thank goodness for Trader Joe's, so at least I can drown my sorrows in this tasty, tasty candy. And if you can't find me after that, you'll probably find me at Fry's. With the rest of of the fatties.

Mmm, just look at all of them. My little pretties...

Oh, yeah. I was relaying this anecdote to my coworker and he asked if the man was from a specific boot camp, which, in fact, he was. Turns out one of coworker's friends went to the boot camp, left after a week or so, then filed harassment charges against boot camp man. I'm not sure how that ties in to all this but it seemed relevant. Well, you know. As relevant as any of this ever is, anyway.

Comments

This comment has been removed by the author.
GeleeneG said…
You should try the dark chocolate covered pretzels.

Popular Posts