Yes, We're Open.

This year is already like 2% over and I thought it seemed like the right time to make a resolution or post a recap or something. It also seemed like a good opportunity to waste time. Win-win.

Just between us, I'm wearing my pajamas right now. At work. I just thought you should know. In case that matters to you; in case it changes your opinion of me. Technically it's my pajama top. And technically it's just a white shirt. Maybe it didn't even come from the pajama section. I don't know. What I do know is, it came with my Christmas Eve pajamas and today I am wearing it at work because it is the newest, whitest shirt I own. I just wanted to be honest with you about this. While we're being honest, I should also tell you that I am 31 years old and I still get pajamas from my mom on Christmas Eve. I'll own that. I'm not even ashamed.

I'm glad we got that out of the way. Now, on to the resolutions and the year-in-review.

I only have one resolution this year, and it is to say "yes". Yes to adventures and life and opportunities. This is not Yes* with an asterisk, it is simply Yes within reason, as long as reason is not fear of change or being outside of my comfort zone. So far, I'm 9 days in and there hasn't been a whole lot to say Yes to, but I'm sure that will come with time and if it happens I'll let you know. Unless, of course, Yes leads to so much awesomeness that I don't have time for this, and then, well, I guess you'll know. In fact, if there's ever a long absence here, you should just assume it's due to the Yes. Yes, let's do that.

Now for a recap of 2012. I won't pretend you really care, but I am a reader of blogs and I know you will read stuff you don't care about, if you are bored enough and have enough time to kill.

In January we had a bridal shower for my sister and now she's so old and married and I have the brother I've wanted since age 6. These flowers are still on my dining room table- not because I love them or because they match my decor, but because I am supremely lazy.

In February, nothing happened. That's how February is so I'm not too upset about it.

Apparently in March I planned a Murder Mystery Dinner party where I (finally) got to wear a cat mask I bought in Venice a thousand years ago. I say apparently because it turns out that I can't really remember what happened last year and I have to look at Facebook to find out. If Facebook said there was a party in March, there was a party in March.

In April we went to Virginia for my sister's wedding. I took the red eye and immediately started decorating many, many cakes. I grossly overestimated the number of tiny silver balls it takes to cover a wedding cake and now I have enough to cover every wedding cake, possibly ever. I wish I had a photo of that because it really is pretty ridiculous. In April I also went to Costa Rica and I saw monkeys and that's all you need to know about that.
This is not a monkey but it is a scary clown. You're welcome.

In May some shady dude broke into my house and stole all my belongings, including Mario Kart for Wii, a suitcase, multiple cameras and my golden lobster earrings.

In June, I got really bored with this and gave up. Oh, wait, that's happening now! My bad. To be continued, or not. You never, never know.



Comments

AprilJ said…
Nice. I am carrying my one NY resolution over from last year. I had moderate success with it. Basically I resolved to quit drinking margaritas or wine at lunch (unless it was a special occasion, like going to Seattle for my birthday and other special occasions like simply being in Arizona for lunch). Good luck to saying "yes". I've got the "no" part down pat.

Popular Posts