A Message from Our Sponsor

Have you ever known someone who was, like, relentlessly positive? Not in an annoying, in-your-face way, but in an inspiring, how do I get me some of that way? That's my friend Alicia. We met through church a few years ago. She's been dealing with a chronic illness for as long as I've known her and yet she's always hopeful, always thanking God for her blessings. If there's anyone who deserves to be angry, in my opinion, it's Alicia. She's one of the smartest people I know, with a love for others that is truly an inspiration. I can imagine that if I were in her situation I would turn inward, focusing on my own problems and struggles- forget about anyone else. Alicia isn't like that. She loves others- truly. She's constantly looking out for "the least of these", giving and giving even when it seems she must scarcely have anything left. Her faith in God and her love for his people- I keep saying this- it's inspirational. It makes me think wow, if she can do that, when she has so many other things to worry about, why can't I?

So...this is kind of awkward, yeah? I'm sure you're like, where are the dinosaurs? The thing is, Alicia has finally been cleared for a life-saving surgery and she needs to raise money to pay for it- for travel expenses, coinsurance, etc. I won't go into the details because she's done a good job of it on her fundraising page. But- I'd love it if you'd take a look. Read her story, and prayerfully consider a donation. The fundraising page is here and her personal blog is here. She's been posting each day this month about her illness and how it has affected her life. If you have a few minutes, check it out. I know she appreciates anything people can give and she covets your prayers.




Comments

Popular Posts