Payback.

Remember that time I put a bunch of pink flamingos in my friends' yard? And it was funny, because flamingos are pink and cute and easy to remove?

Hmm, yes, well, those friends decided to get me back on Friday night when I naively left my car parked at another friend's apartment and then went across town to watch a play and eat creme brulee. I arrived back at my car at 2AM to find it covered in flour. And mustard. And, I would later find out, butter-flavored oil for making popcorn.

And I laughed- because it was funny, and harmless, and ridiculous. They drew dinosaurs and cats and flamingos- you have to laugh at that. Pretty clever. Well-played, I thought, even though it was way more of a hassle to deal with than a small flock of flamingos. I'm a good sport, though, so, whatever.

Until Saturday morning when I went to run errands and remembered that my car was covered in mustard. No problem, I thought to myself, I will scrub that off. Except you can't really scrub that stuff off. Oh no, not when it's dried. And PS, mustard is disgusting. It smells like, well, mustard. Old mustard in a hot garage- not delicious. So I scrubbed and scrubbed to no avail. I resorted to using a spatula to scrape the windows clean, then I had to go to the car wash to really get it clean. Then I had to run a bunch of errands and by the time I finished that the gem store was closed and I didn't get to make any rings, which was my whole plan for the weekend.

So Owen and Josh, I hope you're happy.

JK JK JK. Heh. It was funny. Props for your creativeness. I'm just saying, certain people may want to sleep with one eye open from now on. This is war.

Comments

Popular Posts