One thing has nothing to do with the other.

UPDATE: Please see below for a photo of the cocoon in question. It's kind of metallic, so that's cool, but still mainly gross.

Do you ever have one of those days where you drink 8 cups of coffee just because it's there? No, no, me either...that would be crazy.

There's a cocoon on my window. On Friday there was a caterpillar on my window and I pointed it out to my coworker and we watched it squiggle around the glass for a bit. He said, "Maybe it will make a cocoon." And I said "Maybe it will." Neither of us really thought it would happen because a window is a terrible place for a cocoon but apparently it decided to settle there anyway and now I get to watch the circle of life right here from my desk. How gross. Caterpillars are gross and cocoons are also pretty gross. Butterflies aren't gross, but maybe it's a moth and if so, moths are gross. I'm not a bug scientist so I don't know what it is, all I know is it's hanging on the window like it ain't no thing. Whatever, bug, you nasty.



One time when I was a kid, the neighbors and I (but probably mostly them, they were those types of kids) smashed a cocoon. It was red and yellow and looked like ketchup and mustard and that is probably the worst thing I've ever done to an animal. If you consider a cocoon an animal, which I guess I do in this scenario. I'll take better care of this cocoon, by which I mean I'm not going to interact with it in any way. Because gross.

Here's what I think. Everyone should spend time working at an ice cream shop. Ice cream is delicious and ice cream shops are cheerful and there are sprinkles. Except some people call them jimmies, but those people are, well, let's just say it, those people are weird. So yes, sprinkles.

Everyone should live in the dorm. Everyone should do their own taxes, at least once. Everyone should take a beach vacation and share a giant beach house with their whole family. Everyone should see the mountains here in those few magical minutes as the sun begins to set and they turn all purple and glowy and beautiful, just absolutely lovely. You should see really see that.

Everyone should create something. I think you'll feel really good if you do.

I think you'll feel good if you say yes to new experiences, and try things you never really wanted to try, and go places you've never been. We should all do that if we can, because we can, so why not? It's a nice day here. I have mountains and palm trees and saguaros and blue skies. And a cocoon. How spring-like!

Let's celebrate!







Comments

Adriane said…
If it's a cocoon, it is a moth. Butterflies form chrysalises (thanks mom) It's snowy and cold here. Boo.
bj said…
It looks like the chrysalis of a painted lady. If so, it'll be fun to watch. Should be pretty soon.
GeleeneG said…
For some reason when you first told me there was a cocoon on your window I thought it was on your car and I thought that was a super stupid place for a cocoon.

Popular Posts