Where Dreams Go to Die

I once saw this movie where Tucson was referred to as where dreams go to die, which I think is funny but not totally accurate. Well, it might be accurate, but that's such a dour outlook to have that I'm not going to entertain the idea. Suffice it to say, this is kind of a strange place. Within the past few days, I've seen the following:

  • Dude on a unicycle. That may or not be pretty weird on its own, but this guy was carrying a bunch of stuff. Like, all his belongings, in a giant pack. As if he was a nomad, perhaps...but on a unicycle. He was also carrying a large stick, which he used to hold himself up when stopped at a stoplight. It didn't work all that well. He fell off. I think unicycles are not that well suited to street riding, but I'm not a unicycle scientist so I could be wrong.

  • Dude on a bicycle, hauling a piece of what appeared to be lawn furniture. Not a chair or anything, that would be crazy. More like an ottoman. A large, metal ottoman. It was propped up on the handlebars. It looked a bit cumbersome, to say the least, but I guess if you don't have a car you do what you have to do.

  • Dude walking on the side of the road. Well, more accurately, on the side of a bridge. Like up, on top of the wall, as though it were a balance beam. It wasn't the bridge railing (like in the Boy Who Could Fly), it was more like on top of the cement barricade separating the road from the path. The path where, you know, one might walk when crossing the bridge. Then again, why walk on the path when you could cross the bridge and work on your balance at the same time? One might wonder.
So...that's all I really had to say about that. Tucson is weird, weird people live here, the end.

Comments

Popular Posts