32 New Things- Send someone flowers for no reason.

I did this the other day, but it feels a little strange to make a post about it here. Attention everybody, please note how generous I am with my flower-sending capers. Yeah, awkward. I do have a few thoughts though:

-It's kind of weird ordering flowers online because you never really know if the person is getting the 100-bloom fall bouquet you're ordering of if they got 4 scraggly carnations and some baby's breath- the Charlie Brown Christmas tree of floral arrangements. I supposed you could ask the recipient to take a photo or something but that seems a little weird. We are placing a lot of trust in the floral industry, I think.

-It's kind of weird sending someone a surprise gift in general because you have to hope they acknowledge it in order to confirm that said gift even ever arrived. I mean, for all I know they went to the neighbor or a javelina ate them right off the doorstep. Anything could happen. Um, javelina is a word, Spellchecker.

-My friend who I sent the flowers to picked them up outside the door just as her husband was arriving home from work. He asked what it was and she replied that they were the flowers he sent. He said, I didn't send flowers, who is sending you flowers? Dun dun DUN! Tense moments. Good thing I signed my name and didn't send them anonymously like I considered.

-Sending flowers is pretty fun. I imagine just giving someone flowers, like from the grocery store or whatever, is also fun. I recommend it. If anyone wants to try it out by sending flowers to me, that would be fine. I have the perfect spot on my desk for them.

Comments

Popular Posts