Bored.

Once when I was a kid my mom really wanted me to go to Girl Scout Art Camp. I really did not want to go, but she said that if I didn't go to camp then I wasn't allowed to complain about being bored for the whole summer. Plus, she said, my friend really, really wanted someone to go to camp with her. So I went to camp, thus earning myself the right to whine about my boredom all the summer long. I can't recall if I ever did get bored after camp, but I do recall finding out that my friend's mom told her that I really, really wanted her to come to camp with me. What tricksters, those moms. Surely I will file that little scheme away to use on my own future kids.

The point of all this is to say that I. Am. Bored. I know you will be surprised to discover that the insurance business is really not all that exciting. I mean, sure, sometimes you get risk evaluation forms or applications filled with all sorts of juicy medical information, but not today. Sometimes cabinets need new labels, but that only happens every once in a while. Sometimes people bring us snacks or even lunch, but not in this economy. So, it's a pretty dull day here at Ye Olde Insurance Shoppe. I have been spending vast amounts of time tending my Facebook restaurant, which, I am fully aware, is incredibly lame.

Nothing interesting is even happening out in the neighborhood. Last week a bunch of paramedics and firemen and such carted a person off from a Law Firm across the way, but we couldn't get a clear view of what was going on without being really obvious and going outside, and we never did find out what happened. We had to make up our own stories about homeless people being hit by cars and the involvement of the wait staff from the restaurant next door. But I haven't seen one remarkable thing today. It's a sad state of affairs, my friends.

Oh! Here is something exciting. I signed up for all of these fare alerts from the website Airfarewatchdog.com because sometime I might want to go somewhere and this way I will know if there is a deal. That is not the exciting part though. Generally the fare alerts are a letdown. Well, the other day a deal came in for tickets to Richmond for just $158. So, I bought one. Now Geleene and I are sort of making plans for Richmond Vacation Weekend. I am just hoping to be able to wear my new red jacket, but sadly it will probably not be cold enough for that.

Well, I have squandered another 30 minutes polluting cyberspace with my idle chatter. Good on me! Time to get back to internet window shopping and making diabolical plans.

Comments

Adriane said…
It's cold enough in Flagstaff for your new red jacket.
AprilJ said…
It's more than cold enough in AK for your new red jacket... maybe even too cold.
Anonymous said…
We can always become pirates.
GeleeneG said…
You can bring your new red jacket anyway. It is in the 60s at night, so you can wear it then. Also, it's funny how everyone says New Red Jacket like that's it's name. You and New Red Jacket will have a great time in RVA.

Popular Posts