A Theory

Yesterday I went to Target during my lunch break. I told my coworker where I was going, but not my boss or his wife because I don't need to and didn't feel like it.

When I came back, my coworker told me that while I was out, his mom asked if I was seeing anyone. She had been wondering but didn't want to ask me because she didn't want to be nosy. We had a good laugh over that one. But it did get me wondering just why she'd be asking.

These are my theories.

1. I am happier than normal. (Except I'm not. If anything, I am grumpier than normal, at least at work.)
2. I leave for lunch a lot. (That is because I have things to do, and because I need to escape. Not because I have hot lunch dates.)
3. I am fatter than normal. (This is true, but it's just due to not being depressed and regaining my appetite, not because I am seeing someone who is taking me out to eat a lot.)
4. I talked about going to the used building supply store with friends. (That did happen, but I am not seeing those boys.)
5.I talked about going hiking a lot. (That happened too, but I'm not seeing those boys either.)
6. I am texting a lot. (That's not texting; I'm  playing Words with Friends.)

So, I don't know. I hope it's not #3.

This was a lot funnier in my head.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
Maybe she wanted to set you up with someone.

Popular Posts