Indulge me.

This is something I've been thinking about. It's not funny or particularly in line with this blog and there are no dinosaurs or Coldplay so if you're not interested in that you should probably stop reading right about now.

So.

What is keeping me from an intimate relationship with God?
Is it the desire for significance outside of Him?
Is that like telling the infinite God of the universe that He is not enough?
If I had more, if I were prettier or skinnier, if I had a boyfriend or more friends or a nicer house or a newer car or a better job, would that be enough? If I made more money, volunteered more often, sacrificed more, watched less TV, took better care of myself, would I find what I am looking for?
How do you find significance in God? How, when we live in a society that pounds it into our heads that our significance lies in possessions and good works and the opinions of others?
Hmm?

Comments

Popular Posts