Nonsense.

Things are happening, you know?
That's what they do.
They happen.
My lucky bamboo has died.
Not so lucky after all, I guess.
I've had it for maybe 8 years.
Maybe that's a good run for a bamboo.
I don't know.
I'm not a bamboo scientist.

It's summer.
Obviously.
It's monsoon season here.
This is a funny place during monsoon season.
Every day the clouds build and build.
It feels like the whole city is holding its breath.
Waiting.
Waiting.
Waiting for the rain.
Sometimes it comes.
Sometimes it doesn't.
It's fun though.
Something different.
My favorite is when it does rain.
The washes fill up.
And the rivers.
Rivers are actually supposed to have water in them.
People here might not know that.
So when the rivers fill up, it's an attraction.
Cars stopped on the bridges.
People lined up.
Watching.
Watching the river.
How odd.

It's almost my birthday.
I was supposed to accomplish 33 new things.
I haven't done them all yet.
I'm pretty sure I won't.
I feel okay about that.
I don't even know why I cared about those things.
I don't want to do some of them now.
Oh well.
Another year, another list.
The new list will be shorter.
And it will only have stuff I want to do.
My list, my rules.
I always say.

This isn't a poem.
In case you were thinking that.
I'm not trying to make a statement.
Actually, I am.
I am making a whole list of statements.
Short statements.
Because I feel like it.
Because it's easy to write this way.
Because I do what I want.

There are these dead lizards.
Usually not a whole lizard.
Sometimes whole, sometimes half.
They are dead and dried up.
I see them around the parking lot.
I think I am missing some great prank opportunities.
Dead lizard pranks.
If I was meaner.
Or grosser.
Meanwhile, what is happening to these lizards?
Mystery.

I have 4 pastries to eat.
Better get busy.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
I had lucky bamboo once and it died within a few months, I'm pretty sure. So I think you are probably luckier than me.

Popular Posts