Say Something Funny

So this morning my cat was being so cute, you should have seen her.

Oh, wait. Oh yeah.

Nothing funny is happening today. I want to update my blog a lot because my favorite blogs are the ones that are updated all the time, but sometimes nothing funny happens and even though I find myself evaluating every situation to see if it's blog-worthy, I'm just not finding anything. I will tell you something mildly funny, that isn't really funny so much as weird.

Yesterday evening Tony and I...wait, should I give him some kind of internet code name since he's being written about without his knowledge or consent? Yeah, probably. Ok. Ummm....Gaston. Yesterday evening Gaston and I went to look at this rental house that he was considering, well, renting. It was ok except that it's sort of on the East side (which I don't like) but other than that, not bad. Except that the bathroom was in the kitchen.

I guess technically the bathroom wasn't in the kitchen so much as it was off the kitchen, except that it was totally in the kitchen. At first we were like, huh, weird. Then it developed into wait, the bathroom is in the kitchen? So if you take a shower, you then have to, like, walk naked through your kitchen? I mean...you could, but it's kind of weird. Then we were like, what if you have to, you know, do some business? It's in the kitchen!

I guess Gaston won't be renting that house.

There are surprisingly few decent houses for rent around here. Most of them are either too expensive, or too in the hood, or they don't take pets, or they don't have yards, or they don't have air conditioning. Nearly all of the Craigslist ads that look promising are really Nigerian scammers- this I know because I have set up a special e-mail account just for replying to their scammy ads. I mean, I guess it could be a coincidence that such a large number of Tucsonans have recently moved to Nigeria and now need to rent out their houses, but I kind of doubt it. Some of my favorite scam ads are the ones that show these beautiful midwest farmhouse-style houses with immense green lawns, surrounded by huge leafy trees. Yep. Looks like all the Tucson neighborhoods I'm familiar with. People are nuts.

Gaston will probably end up living on the streets. Or maybe in the park. That's where most of the homeless people seem to congregate. That will be too bad. I bet when that happens, a toilet in the kitchen will seem like a luxury.

Comments

AprilJ said…
Tawnya had an apartment in San Francisco and the bathroom was in the kitchen.. In general, you have to wonder WHO thought bathrooms in the kitchen were a good idea? I mean, really....

As for Craigslist, Clayton and I just watched a 48hrs on the Craigslist murderer... you are smart to set up a separate email. Weirdos.

Popular Posts