Please save me, Warren Buffett.

The other day I was sitting here at my desk, staring vacantly out the window, as I am apt to do, when I saw a monk walking down the sidewalk. Backwards. Not just a few steps backwards, but the whole way backwards. It was very purposeful. It actually motivated me to Google "Monks walking backwards" to see if this was a common occurrence. As it turns out, sometimes monks walk backwards. Some monks believe walking backwards reverses karma. Or maybe that monk had just come from the psychiatrist's office and he was crazy and it had nothing to do with karma at all.

This morning this little girl came down the sidewalk and into our office and then was like, "Oh, wrong door!" and left. And then she was out in the parking lot and then she came down our sidewalk again and was almost to the door when she realized her mistake and went to the right place. Doors are hard.

Can you tell it's a slow day around here?

I just saw this article about how India is going to use monkeys as security for some sporting event or something, and I got really excited because dudes, that's so awesome! But then I actually read the article and it turns out the monkeys are only going to be used to scare off other, smaller monkeys. And they'll be on leashes, accompanied by a trainer. The whole scenario just got infinitely less fascinating, although I'd still like to see those monkeys. I might trade in my cat for a monkey because monkeys are cute and funny and cats are stupid.

Speaking of articles, did you see how the guy who owns Segway died after he drove his Segway into a river or something? I know I shouldn't laugh at that but it's funny every time I think about it. Segways are stupid.

I was just now leaning across my desk to write a message while holding the phone and I glanced down and noticed that my dress had rearranged itself in a fashion that was very much not suitable for a professional office. Oops. I am so inappropriate sometimes most of the time. If this was a corporate environment I'd almost definitely get called into HR to discuss proper work attire. I bet that would be embarrassing.

You know what I think? People who have blogs should write blogs so I have something to do while I'm at work and I'm not forced to read articles about monkey security guards and the like. Think about that, you jokers. 

Comments

Adriane said…
One time, a man came into our apartment. He walked over to my roommates door and then said, "wait. Girls?! This is the wrong apartment." Then left. He never said a word to us.
Erin said…
I think the difference between my story and your story is that this is an office and anyone is welcome. Random people should not stroll into your apartment- that is freaky!

Popular Posts