Sure is Monday...

I have this ongoing battle with the check engine light in my car. It comes on, I find out why and decide whether to repair it or ignore it. Lately my car has been sort of shaking/vibrating when I drive above 40MPH, and the check engine light came on, so I decided that the combination of the two warranted a visit to Ye Olde Garage. (Not Don's Garage, my preferred mechanic). I was mentally prepared to spend around $300 because I thought it was the oxygen sensors which run around $90 each, and there are 2. Yup, just got a call from the shop. $600 for the sensors and assorted other things that are wrong. Ughhhhhh. Additionally, the shaking is because I need 2 new tires, so after I spend $600 my car still won't be fixed.

I trust this garage, they're friends of my boss that we do insurance for, so I don't think I'm being scammed. I'm just annoyed because now I have to spend $600 and I don't even get new sunglasses or a vacation or anything to show for it. Except, I suppose, a car that won't break down on the freeway or something. Bah. I'm selling my car and moving to Boston where I won't need one anyway.

Additionally, my friend is moving to Portland and I told her I would drive up there with her and then fly back. Today is exactly 2 weeks from the day I would fly back, and the ticket is tick-tick-ticking up in price as we speak, but my boss isn't here to ask for time off and though I'm nearly 100% sure he won't care, I can't book the ticket without asking, just in case. Oh, Monday, go back from whence you came...

In less gripey news, this weekend I got a tumbler for my jewelry making. Think rock tumbler, but with little bits of steel inside that pummel the jewelry and make it shiny. I used it to make this necklace. I borrowed the design from someone I found online because I am really not creative enough to come up with my own designs. I'm going to give it to Amy because she likes bugs.



I also made fresh pasta, because once I bought a pasta machine and it's only seen action once, maybe twice, a few years back. Pasta is very easy to make. It takes just 3 ingredients- flour, eggs, salt. Easy. The result is...basically just like store bought pasta! It's fun though and I think next time I will make whole wheat or something with herbs or maybe that black squid ink pasta, just to be gross...

And that's the news. Good day.

Comments

AprilJ said…
Squid ink pasta. YUM!
Hate taking the car to the shop. It's like going to Costco.. it's always like 3x more than you imagined you'd spend.
Amy Filleman said…
I cant wait to wear my beautiful, one of a kind bug necklas. I think its basically amazing!

Popular Posts