What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Last week Geleene, Callie, Adriane and I went to Boston for a little vacation. In an effort to avoid doing any actual work, I now present you with a pictorial journey through the seat of American history. (I stole that from a website. I think I prefer ‘the cradle of Democracy’ but I’m not sure if anyone actually calls Boston that.)

The first stop on our tour was the USS Constitution, aka Old Ironsides. This is an old old warship. There is one older warship in England but theirs doesn’t float and ours does so we win. Real Navy guys are stationed as tour guides on the Constitution and I think that if I were in the Navy, I’d like to be stationed on a ship that doesn’t leave the Harbor.



We also visited Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall (this might actually be the cradle of democracy. Or at least the cradle of liberty.) At Quincy Market we had clam chowda. Yum.



Next up is a visit to Boston Common, where you can see these statues of the ducks from Make Way For Ducklings. I guess that happened in Boston.




We had dinner in the North End, which is the Italian district. After dinner we had cannoli from Mike’s Pastry which is famous and delicious.





Saturday started with a tour of Fenway Park. It was actually really interesting and entertaining, even for someone who couldn’t care less about sports or baseball.

After Fenway, we went to the Public Garden to ride the swan boats. I’m not sure of the significance of these, other than that in the spring, people ride the Swan Boats.

It is taking me forever to upload these pictures and arrange them correctly, so...


To be continued...




































Comments

Popular Posts