Road trip, baby!

I was thinking it would be cool if I had my laptop with me on my road trip and would, like, blog updates from the road. You know, so all my loyal readers could experience the drive with me. I imagine that it would go something like this:

Day 1: Clear skies. Everyone is enjoying full rations. Pace is steady. We have successfully forded the river.

Day 2: Water is scarce. Shot 500 pound bear but was only able to carry 50 pounds back to the wagon. Morale is low.

Day 3: A robber stole 183 bullets and 8 pairs of clothes. An oxen has died of exhaustion. Erin has cholera.

Did you see how I did that? How I'm pretending it's Oregon Trail, because I'm going to Oregon? Even though I'm really just driving up I-5 for 22 (possibly agonizing)hours? I know, I thought it was pretty clever too.

Alas, I don't feel like taking my computer so no NEWS! LIVE! AS IT HAPPENS! for you poor saps. You will just have to wait for my recap when I return, that is, if anything worth a recap even occurs, and if I am in the mood to recap, and if I don't drown while attempting to float the wagon across a river.

Until we meet again...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I thought you were going to Oregon next weekend?
GeleeneG said…
I hope you bought enough Skittles at the general store before you started your trip. Also, waiting 3 days for a ferry is for sissies. You guys should just caulk your car and float across any rivers.

Popular Posts