This, that and the other.

In my mind, all you readers eagerly check my blog each day only to find out that, once again, I haven't updated. That is because I have nothing interesting going on, no children being funny or projects to update on or anything, really. I mean, my cat has been up to some pretty clever stuff lately, but I won't blog about that. So...

I guess I never posted about Portland. Meh. Nothing to report there, really. It was a very long drive. There is nothing interesting to look at for most of the trip, not until you're north of Sacramento. Did I mention that it is long? Yeah. Long.

Here is a picture of a waterfall. I believe this is called Multnomah Falls. It is the 2nd tallest continually flowing waterfall in the US, or something to that effect. It is very green and wet in Oregon. You might think that I have also captured a ghost (or an orb, as it is known to those freaky ghost obsessed people) in this photo, but it's really just a drop of water on my camera lens. Sorry to disappoint.

Tony and I have taken up tennis again. I say again because probably about a year ago we decided that we should play tennis and so we bought some gear and went down to the local park only to find out that you have to pay to play on the city courts (what?!?) and since I do not actually play tennis, the whole paying-to-play thing lasted approximately 3 days. Tony has been bugging me to start playing again and we finally figured out that you can play at the PCC courts for free as long as no one else is using them. And, because it is roughly 9,000 degrees out, NOBODY is using them. So, that's kind of fun, other than the part where you nearly die of heat stroke. I am thinking about taking some tennis lessons from the city. Parks and Rec has them for only $39 for 5 weeks. I am a little worried that it will be me and a bunch of old ladies though, and that the old ladies will be better than me, which would be humiliating. I do not have an athletic bone in my body so things that should come naturally, like moving away from a ball that is flying towards your face, well...not so much. But I do like the idea of some sort of physical activity that is actually enjoyable, so if I do end up getting lessons, you all will be the first to hear about it.

That was a very long paragraph. With a lot of commas. I've been told in the past that I use too many commas, but that's how I want my sentences read. With a lot of pauses. So take that, English teachers.

The other thing that is happening is that it is almost my birthday, at which time I will turn 28 and then crawl under a rock and die because it's so OLD, OLD, OLD and I have nothing to show for my life. Haha. No, really, what better way to celebrate the big 2-8 than by going to Disneyland? Remember those commercials they aired last year, where you can get into Disneyland free on your birthday? I signed up because I figured it was better to have the voucher thing and not use it than to need it and not have it. In truth, the idea of going to Disneyland in the summer when it is hot and crowded is basically my worst nightmare- I am so beyond that. Kids everywhere. Ugh. But somehow it has come to pass that Tony is going to take me for my birthday. Nice. I think it's because he doesn't know what to get me and if he does this then he's off the hook for a present. I can't complain about that- Disneyland is my mothership.

Comma, comma, comma.

Oh, one other thing I wanted to rant about is this: why is it that all the shirts for sale right now are babydoll tops or tunics? I am not a tall girl. I am not pregnant, and I don't particularly need to hide my belly. I don't want to look like I am pregnant, or trying to hide my belly. I need a shirt that doesn't go to my knees. Easy enough, no? K, let's work on that, fashion-style trend deciders of the world. Thank you so much.

Gotta get some work done around here! Do I think I'm getting paid to blog?

Comments

Filleman Family said…
I do think you should blog about your clever cats b/c you could write about the weather and it would crack me up! What weekend are you going to DL? We are going to take the boys the last weekend in August or the first w/e in Sept. I'm sure you would want nothing more than to run into three crazy, sweaty kids that actually know you!!
Amy Filleman said…
I have a picture of those falls on the back of my door. I hate you just a little for seeing it in person.
Erin said…
Michelle...I lied. My cat doesn't really do anything clever. She mainly just claws things up and pukes on the carpet. I'm going to DL this weekend, though if I had kids with me at least I'd feel a little more justified in being there. Amy- hmm. I thought it looked kind of familiar. We'll have to go up there sometime. But not a road trip. Or if it's a road trip, we'll have to stop at all the awesome places along the way, like SF and the Winchester Mystery House.

Popular Posts