Why I Win At Arguing

I'm trying to convince my sister and her boyfriend that we need to pick this beach house that is in a less than ideal location. Because it has an elevator. That's pretty much the main reason I want the house. This is how I picture it going:

Me: Look at this house. It is awesome. It has an elevator.

Them: No way. It's not on the ocean.

Me: Elevator.

Them: We can't walk to the beach.

Me: ELEVATOR.

Them: It's on the Sound. The Sound is full of man-eating squid.

Me: ELEVATOR!

Them: Sound sharks will disembowel you and toxic waste will destroy your flesh.

Me: ELEVATOOOOOOOOOR!!!

Them: Good Lord. Shut up. Fine. This is the worst location ever, though. Probably our vacation is ruined.

Me: I knew you'd see it my way.

I win.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
I would like to state for the record that pretty much only the first line of this conversation is accurate.
Clayton said…
We rented a beach house with an elevator. It wasn't very cool... in fact, it was super slow, made a ton of noise ,and only worked about 1/2 the time. Get a house on the beach. I speak from experience.
Adriane said…
I happen to love man eating squids.
Erin said…
The elevator house also has shuffleboard and a putting green. But location wins in the end and it's been (reluctantly) ruled out.
Amy Filleman said…
The elevator house was AWEOME!!!! But, so is the one we picked, so its all good.

Popular Posts