Flashback Friday

I'm stealing this idea from another blog that I read. Shhh...

I guess what happens on Flashback Friday is that I will post a random old photo and then reminisce. Let's get started, shall we?



This is my Girl Scout troop dressed up like complete fools...I mean, like boxes of Girl Scout cookies, ready to march in the Ft. Verde Days parade. I can't really explain why we thought it would be fun to dress as cookie boxes, but we did. If memory serves, it turned out to be slightly less than fun and maybe even a little embarrassing.

I chose this picture for a couple of reasons- one, because it's on my Facebook and I'm at work and it was all I had access to, and two, because this weekend is Ft. Verde Days. I'm going home for the festivities and this will be the first time I've been since high school and the first time I've ever attended as just a visitor. Growing up I was always in the parade, either with the Girl Scouts or the marching band. I'm not sure if it'll be as exciting as it seemed when I was a kid, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Comments

AprilJ said…
Well.. considering that it's Flashback Friday, I think you ought to dress like a box of thin mints for the festivities in CV this weekend. Make it a flashback weekend. BTW, you're officially invited to Thanksgiving in AK!!

Popular Posts