This is how we do.

I'm back from my weekend escapades at Disneyland. Did you miss me? Nope, probably not since I never blog on weekends and you wouldn't have even known I was gone if I hadn't told you. In any case, I'm back, and I'm bored, and as a result you get a new blog entry to read. Isn't it exciting?!?

Amy and I have our Disneyland trips pretty much down to a science. It goes like this:

Arrive at Disneyland around opening time. When we get in, head straight for Space Mountain. Next, either the Buzz Lightyear ride or Matterhorn, or both, depending on the crowd situations. Then to the castle for a picture while we still look fresh and not worn out.



After that we usually head over to take care of Pirates, Thunder Mountain, and the Haunted Mansion. This year the Haunted Mansion was all decked out with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. It was kind of cool, in that it was different, but they changed the whole opening part so when you're in the stretching room, there isn't a good place to let out a blood-curdling scream and make little kids cry, which is really too bad.

Oh, we also fit in a visit to It's A Small World, to check out the updates that people were all upset about. I was happy to learn that Small World was also decorated for Christmas and that they put some Christmas songs in, so you didn't have to listen to It's a Small World 9 billion times. Nice.

Blah blah, we went to California Adventure when it opened and over there we rode the most awesome new ride, Mr. Potato Heads Midway Mania. That might not be the actual name. Anyway, it's 3-D, but also a ride, and also you shoot things. It is way fun. We rode it over and over again, even though the line was like 40 minutes long. 2 enthusiastic thumbs up for Midway Mania!

Here are some more pictures from the DL:

Us with a giant Christmas tree, and out front with Mickey. He's wearing a Santa hat but you can't see it here.





We also squeezed in dinner at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. We normally go there for breakfast but scheduling made that impossible this time around. So we went and had the most ridiculous dinner ever. This is what comes in the chicken dinner, for like $15:

Choice of chicken noodle soup or cherry rhubarb.
Salad
Choice of corn or something gross that I forgot.
Biscuits
Fried chicken- a thigh, a wing, a breast and a drumstick
Mashed potatoes
Pie or other dessert

Um, yes. it was insane. The sad news is that we got our pie to go because we were so full, and we did not eat it. Not even one bite. Left it in the hotel room, two beautiful pieces of pie. Sad day, friends, sad day. I wish I had taken a picture of this dinner so you could see with your own eyes how much deliciousness there was. Thank you, Mrs. Knott. (Knotts? Hmm.)

Anyway, that's it. I know you were really interested in reading a vacation recap and I'm ever so happy to oblige. Back to work now, I guess.

Comments

AprilJ said…
Sounds like fun.. did you wait in line for an hour to get some fried chicken like we did when we were kids??
Erin said…
We did wait in line but it was not nearly as long as it seemed when we were little, thank goodness.

Popular Posts