Flashback Friday #9

When I was a kid, almost all of our family vacations were spent in California. I think that's the thing about living in Arizona- there aren't very many fun places to go that are within reasonable driving distance. So we made a lot of trips to Disneyland, or San Diego.


This particular trip was to San Diego. My little sister Adriane was a baby- she cried a lot and had to take her baths in the hotel sink. My older sister Geleene was sick- she always got sick on vacation. My Gram and Grandaddy Boyd were on the trip with us and I remember that Gram was writing a story about the trip. In the car Geleene and I would take turns writing down what we'd been seeing and doing and that sort of thing.

I'm not much of a beach person these days, but when I was little I loved it. My Granddaddy taught me how to make these little sand caves with my fist. We collected shells to bring home, and played in the water, and had so much fun. Family vacations were the best.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
I still get sick on virtually every vacation I take. I had a cold at the beach this year and slept most of the time we were down there. I am also coming down with a cold now, but I'm hoping it will be gone by the time I go to Az.
Adriane said…
I still cry on vacation and sometimes take baths in the sink.

Popular Posts