Flashback Friday #8



Here I am, dressed in Disney gear. I can't say whether I was actually on my way to Disneyland in this picture, but it looks like I am, and that's good enough. When I was a kid we went to Disneyland all the time. And by all the time, I mean every summer. And by every summer, I mean some summers. But back then it seemed like it was every summer, and that made us so lucky because none of our friends went to Disneyland every summer. I think I've been to Disneyland with nearly every member of my extended family. Since college I've been every year, at least once a year. In middle school I wanted to be an animator for Disney. My first real job was at Disney. A good 75% of the ornaments on my Christmas tree, and the pictures on my wall, are from Disneyland.

This makes me seem a little crazy. I'm not. I'm not obsessed or anything. It's just that of all the memories in my life, Disney memories are always, always happy. There's something about walking through those gates that makes everything, even if it's just for a little while, perfect. It's tradition. I'm not really one for mush, but yeah. It's a happy place.

This weekend my cousin Amy and I are going to make a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth. And this weekend, even if it's just for a little while, everything is going to be perfect.

Comments

AprilJ said…
Have a great trip!!! I have some good memories of Disneyland trips with the Goffenas for sure. I remember one year your mom thought she had broken her foot and wasn't going to be able to go because she kicked Geleene... glad her foot wasn't broken and that she didn't ruin it for all of us that year :) (just kidding Aunt Brenda!!) Good times then, good times now. Just don't change your name to Minnie or Ariel or something. That would actually be weird.
GeleeneG said…
Ha ha! I remember when my mom kicked me. I didn't know it was near a Disney trip though. That totally hurt her more than me, heh. Literally, not a figurative parent "this pains me more than it pains you" type of thing.

Also, I remember Mark and April taking me on the Matterhorn when I was pretty young. It was just the three of us. I think Mark was really trying to scare me with the abominable snowman (?) that lurks in there.

Popular Posts