*It's Monday again.
*And it's rainy.
*Is there anything more depressing than rain on a Monday?
*Maybe if you also add a sad country song.
*And a funeral.
*A funeral procession just went past my office.
*Not through my office complex, that would be weird.
*But it went down the road.
*I saw the hearse.
*I didn't laugh.
*If you ever laugh as the hearse goes by, you may be the next to die.
*I can't take that chance.
*I have a lot of stuff to do.
*I have to make 4 batches of cookies.
*Plus some cinnamon rolls.
*And some toffee.
*And some enchiladas.
*And some apple crisp.
*So I can't die yet.
*A rainy Monday is a good day to drink tea.
*I brought boysenberry tea to work today.
*I got it at Knott's Berry Farm.
*Mr. Knott invented the boysenberry.
*He named it after his friend, Mr. Boysen.
*I know that because I read it on the placemat.
*But the tea is not Knott's tea.
*I just bought it there because I had a sore throat.
*If there was no Knott's Berry Farm, there would be no boysenberry tea.
*So they're responsible, even if they didn't make this tea.
*Thanks, Mr. Knott, for the berry.
*Still raining.
*Still Monday.
*A lot of telemarketers are calling my office.
*I ask if they want voicemail.
*When I transfer them, they hang right up.
*I can tell because there are lights on my phone.
*They are trying to act like they're not selling something.
*What a bunch of tricksters.
*I'm on to you, you little jokers.
*I've spent 11 minutes writing this.
*Would've been faster but I had to deal with those phone antics.
*Now I'm going to do work.
*Happy Monday.

Comments

AprilJ said…
I read this on Tuesday morning.
Even though it's only 7:00, it's been a long morning because Clay joined me in my bed at 2:00AM.
Which qualifies as Tuesday morning.
It snowed about 4" last night.
That doesn't generally matter.
But Clayton's out of town.
So I'm the shoveler.
Like in the next 15 minutes...
I'm going to have some tea as well.
But not Boysenberry.
Acai berry.
Who the invented the Acai berry?
Thanks for the blog.
Tracey said…
How do you invent a berry?
Erin said…
I think God invented the Acai berry.

Mr. Knotts invented the boysenberry by splicing two other berries together. Or something.

Popular Posts