Flashback Friday #10

I can't believe 10 weeks have gone by (actually maybe 11, I think I missed a week) since I started doing these posts. That is just plain crazy.



This is a picture of me taking my new baby sister to school for show-and-tell. I was 6. Adriane was brand new. Yesterday she turned 22, aw, my wittle baby sister all gwown up. Just kidding, we're not all mushy huggy like that. We're German.

The day Adriane was born, my parents dropped me off at school on the way to the hospital. When school got out, my dad came to pick Geleene and I up and told me, "You have a sister, and she has red hair." And I said "Darn", because I really wanted a brother. Then I suppose we went to the hospital, but I only remember being concerned about getting to count her fingers and toes. I think secretly I was hoping she wouldn't have the right amount, but alas, she did then and still does.

As it turns out, I'm pretty glad I got that little sister after all. We had a lot of fun growing up, playing things like Normal People (aka Norm, as in, Hey Adriane, want to play norm?), Baby and Mom (wherein there is a baby. And a mom.) and School, where Adriane always wanted to be named Penny boy. Those were good times.

So, happy (belated) birthday Adriane. I guess even after all these years I'm glad you're not a 12-toed boy.

Comments

Adriane said…
Thanks. I'm touched.
Erin said…
I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic.
AprilJ said…
That is the sweetest post ever (and I'm not being sarcastic)!!! I'm glad Adriane isn't a 12 toed boy either.. although if she were, maybe we could have made some money off her on our family vacations of yore.
Filleman Family said…
very sweet, but also hilarious - davis said the same think when G wasn't a girl :)
Adriane said…
I'm not being sarcastic at all. I really am touched that you would do a a whole post on me. :)

Popular Posts