Invasion!

You guys. What is it with me and the bugs? Seriously. Yesterday I noticed that there were some gnat-type flying bugs on my bed. I always have a few fruit flies in my house, but generally in the kitchen or near a plant. Not in my bedroom. I was like, huh, weird. Then I looked at the window and it was filled- FILLED! with approximately seven hundred thousand of these bugs.

Ok, that might be an exaggeration. I could still see out the window so it wasn't that bad. But dudes, there were, like, hundreds. Hundreds of gnats. In my bedroom. Gross. GROSS!

The first thing I did was get a glass of wine. I find that wine helps in situations where your bedroom has been invaded by flying insects.

Ahaha, not really. I covered the glass of wine with saran wrap and poked some holes in it and BAM! Gnat trap. This really works- try it, you won't regret it. Gnats love wine. They're a bunch of lushes. But clearly one glass of wine is not enough for an entire swarm of gnats. So I set out another.

Then I tried to figure out why they were in my house. There are 3 random little openings in the track of my window and I think that's how they got in, so I taped them shut. Then I sprayed bug killer all over. Then I went out for the night and when I came home, lots of them were dead. I vacuumed them. Peace out, gnats. 

Wow, this is a really boring story. There are still gnats in my house but not as many as previously, so that's cool. I slept in the guest room anyway because I didn't want those little nasties walking on my face during the night.

I don't really know what the point of this post is. It seemed like a good idea when I started and now I'm like hmm, just wrote a blog about killing insects, that is really fascinating. Sorry fools. I'll try harder. Here is a MS Paint rendering of the bug situation. MS Paint does not offer a very good sky color so it kind of looks like dusk. It was not dusk when this happened.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
On my computer it does not look like "dusk" so much as "the ocean". I trust that this did not occur in the ocean, either.

Popular Posts