Just Doin' Some Stuff.

This isn't exactly a keep you updated on my life kind of blog but today is a keep you updated on my life kind of post. Deal with it, yo.

Last week was my friend Sarah's birthday. And on the same day, she was promoted to Captain! (She's in the Air Force.) A couple of my other friends and I were able to go down to the base for the ceremony. Sarah's family is out of state so I got the honor of pinning her, which did not actually involve any pins. That's lucky for Sarah probably because I was super nervous and probably would've stabbed her. Heh. I don't have any pictures of the pinning because I was busy. You know. Pinning. Or whatever it's called. But that happened.

I made Sarah a cake and it looked like this:


I am obsessed with those little gum paste flowers so here they make another appearance. I am also obsessed with making these collages. So fancy.

On Friday after work some friends and I headed down to Bisbee for a mini-vacation. It was tons of fun- we stayed in a hotel that was converted from an old PD gym that was built in like 1906. We toured the mine, antiqued, had margaritas for lunch, and went on a ghost hunt. If you've never been to Bisbee I highly recommend it- it's just so cute and fun and the perfect place for a weekend getaway.

Please enjoy another photo collage:


So, that's about it. Cake and vacations. Sometimes life is awesome.

Comments

Adriane said…
Do you use a program to do your collages?
Erin said…
Yeah I use Picasa. It was free.
Filleman Family said…
Very pretty cake - as usual - you are quite talented my friend!

Popular Posts