Things That Make Me Feel Like A Grown-Up

A Wednesday list, for old time's sake...

The other day I met my friend for lunch. We were both in our nice work clothes and as we sat down were like, I feel like such an adult when I meet people for lunch! What else makes me feel like a grown up, you ask? Oh, you didn't ask? Oh, my mistake. I will tell you anyway.


-Meeting friends for happy hour. Drinks?  After a grueling day at the office? In business attire? Grown up.

-Cleaning up my yard. Including raking. And trimming. Maybe not the best part of being an adult, but very mature of me to do, I think.

-Sending strongly worded e-mails regarding my clients. I like to throw around industry terms all casually, so it sounds like I really know what I'm doing. And sometimes I do know what I'm doing, which is even more strange to me. I'm like, whoa, I know this! This random fact/law/procedure. Huh. How about that. 

-Giving out my business card. Do you have a card? Why yes, yes I do.

-Getting my car worked on. OK, I still call my dad for almost everything car-related, but the other day I had a low tire and I just took myself right up to the tire store and they fixed it and I went on my way and I was all, hey, look at me, handling my own business. I'm an adult!

-Reading the Sunday paper with a cup of coffee. Ah, actually getting out of bed with enough time to relax before church. That's what grown-ups do, I am sure of it.

To counteract all this adultness, I also eat ice cream for dinner, watch Saved By The Bell on Saturday mornings, and get really excited when someone gives me a sticker.

What do you do that makes you feel like a grown-up? Just kidding guys, just kidding...

Comments

Tracey said…
1. Grocery shopping. Especially pushing a cart full of kids around.
2. Using the BBQ.
Adriane said…
When I order something specialized. Example: Instead of a regular iced chia, I order a soy light iced chia.
Amy Filleman said…
I feel like an adult when i correctly suggest prescription therapy for patients and when I discuss heart rhythms with classmates. This makes me feel like an adult...and really smart:)
Filleman Family said…
In my head I am actually really young and just moments out of college. I feel old when I am talking to Callie like we are the same age and then realize . . wait a second - I'm A LOT older :( so sad for me.

Popular Posts