It's not that helpful after all.

The other night I was driving around.
In my car.
My sister Adriane was with me.
This is important.
No, not really that important.
It was raining.
The roads were wet.
A red light came on in the car.
It said BRAKE.
I said, what is that light?
Adriane said, I think it means be careful.
I thought it was so nice of my car.
Warning me that the roads were wet.
And that I should be careful when braking.
Wow, car, you really care about me!
How does my car know the road is wet?
I don't know.
Science, I guess.
Surely if there was an issue,
The light would say CHECK BRAKES.
Or something more foreboding.
So with my car's helpful warning I made it home safely.
Then today I was driving again.
Just to work.
I took the freeway.
Because I was in the mood to drive fast.
And then that light was back.
The road was dry.
Dry, dry, dry.
Still optimistic, I thought,
Maybe my car is giving me driving tips!
It's telling me hey, Erin, it's OK to use the brakes.
You're getting a little crazy there.
I know you want to go fast.
But I think you should BRAKE.
Thank you, car.
Thanks for looking out for me.
Then I got to work.
I googled my car manual.
That light means there is a problem.
Thanks a lot, car.
Thanks for nothing.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
Ha ha ha ha ha. That is funny. I mean, that you thought your car was giving you helpful driving tips and not telling you there is a problem. Although, my car doesn't tell me when it needs brakes, I have to pay my mechanic to do that, so I guess your car is a little nicer than mine.

Popular Posts