This is it boys, this is war!

Last week I had jury duty. That's why I wasn't here. It was awesome because I felt totally grown-up and important walking around downtown. For all anybody knew, I was someone with important business down at the courthouse. Well, I mean, I kind of did have important business. Deciding a dude's fate and all, I mean, I bet none of you did anything that important last week. Did you? Yeah, I thought not.

Jury duty isn't technically over. We still have to deliberate. But we're taking a day off. So I can't talk about the case. But I can talk about how I wish I worked downtown because dudes, turns out I live really close to there. It takes me 6 minutes to get from my house to the courthouse. Which is basically awesome. Do you know how much extra time I'd have every day if my commute was 6 minutes long? A lot. That is how much. I'm probably going to get a job over there. Probably apply for judge or something. I could definitely do that job. I'd just shout "Overruled" at random intervals and look bored. That's pretty much what I do anyway, without the shouting, but I bet that guy gets a bigger paycheck.

So today is a little break from jury duty and I was all, I will go to work and catch up on what I missed last week. I thought it would be a lot because I never got around to warning my boss that I might be picked for jury duty so we never discussed what I was working on and then- bam!- selected, out of work for the week. Oops. Anyway, I was all prepared today to work work work on lots of things, but as it turns out, I did all my things and it's only like 9:40. So that's kind of a drag. I probably should have pretended that I had court today and gone to the mall to check out the new H&M. Planning fail. Just kidding, that's not a planning fail, that's a conscience win! My conscience wouldn't let me lie about jury duty. That means I am almost definitely qualified to be a judge. So, you know. I win.

Comments

Popular Posts