This morning on the way to work the car in front of me had a coffee mug on the roof. I thought it was glued on there. I followed that car for some distance, pondering why you'd glue a coffee mug to the top of a fairly decent car. I mean, it's kind of funny, but it's not really the sort of thing that people will freak out about. If it was a gallon of milk, or, I don't know, a baby, then people would probably be concerned. They'd try to get your attention and flag you down and you could act all oblivious, and maybe that would be funny. But a coffee mug, eh, I just don't think people would be too worried about your coffee. Then at some point that car went over a bump and the coffee mug flew off. Coffee and mug shards went everywhere. I'm glad I wasn't tailgating because I probably would've gotten a mug through the windshield and coffee all down through my sunroof, but since I was following at a safe distance, I just laughed. Poor lady probably didn't know what happened, like the time I left a cutting board on my roof. Ha. Mondays are awesome.

On Friday I went to the fair with my friends. The fair is weird. There are lots of overalls and mullets and the like at the fair, but it was pretty fun. I spent a lot of time looking at the goats. A lot of the goats were wearing little shirts- I guess goats get cold? A little girl was holding one of her goats and trying to teach my friends and I about it. I said something about a sheep and she's like, "This is a goat." She was probably 9 years old. It was awesome. My favorite goat was this tiny tiny baby in a pink sweater. It was adorable. The other goats were frolicking around and the pink one was just so little. So cute. Here's a picture, but you can't see pink goat that well. At least you can see other goats in sweaters. That's cute too.

Another thing I did this weekend was almost die. Yep. I went on a night hike with my friends. I knew it was going to be difficult but I had myself convinced that I'm more or less in shape. Well...false. I really thought I would die. Going up was hard because it was still daylight, so it was hot and steep and slippery. And coming back down was even worse because it was steep and slippery and also dark. It was really fun and the views from the top were amazing, and the sunset was nice and the moonrise was nice and all that was quite nice. But fearing that I might lose my footing and tumble into a cactus at best and over the edge of a cliff at worst was not all that nice. Plus today my legs are so sore I can hardly walk. Whine whine whine. Anyway, here are some pictures from the hike, taken with my new camera but not by me which is why they're not awful.


Sunset:
Moonrise:
Hiking down:
 
 
 The end.

Comments

Popular Posts