When it started, we had high hopes.

I feel like a lot of funny things happen in my life but they don't translate very well into blog posts.
It's like, first I'd have to explain all the people to you.
And then the situation.
And probably the back story of how the situation came to be.
And then I'd tell the funny story.
And to make sure you were getting it, I'd have to re-explain what made it funny.
If it takes that much effort, maybe it's not that funny to begin with.
Like, the other day we were sitting around a campfire.
Ok, it wasn't really a campfire.
It was a fire pit.
Regardless, I said, let's tell ghost stories.
And this one girl started telling a story.
And I was like, wait a minute, isn't this the plot of Paranormal Activity?
Which, you know. It was. And that's funny.
But reading back...maybe not?
Someone else told stories.
Supposedly true.
Scary stories, about Robert the Doll.
And a dead wax lady.
We were like, that is not true! Look it up!
And another guy said, what do I google?
And someone said, Dead Wax Lady! Dead Wax Lady of Key West!
And that was funny too.
(Don't google that, though. You will be sorry.)
So, I think you can see how this would be funny in real life.
Another part that is funny is that we weren't even invited to that fire pit party.
We kind of invited ourselves.
We showed up with our own food.
We put it on the grill. At a party we crashed.
So, that's funny.
Or maybe it's just rude.
Eh, it seemed funny to me.
I just love these people.
But I'm not going to tell you who they are.
That would be too much work.
And it's not that interesting.
Just that they are funny people, and they make me laugh.
And sometimes we sit around the fire pit and tell scary stories on a Sunday night.
That's a good life, actually.
I'm pretty thankful.
Oh, look at that.
Funny and poignant, all in one blog post.
I win.
Warren Buffett: Please send funds.

Comments

Popular Posts