Royal Pain.

I woke up at 3:00 on the dot this morning and although I didn't ever plan on watching the Royal Wedding, I figured the 3AM wake-up might be some kind of sign. One day I might need to tell my children about I remember watching that on television, at 3 in the morning, and it was just like a fairy tale.

These are things I was thinking about, watching a wedding at 3AM.

-That's a really long aisle.
-I bet that dress is heavy.
-Of course her sister's name is Pippa. In every book I've ever read that takes place in England, there's always a girl named Pippa.
-Oh, the little brother has turned out quite nice, actually. At least he still has hair, but too bad being saddled with a name like Harry.
-If I was becoming a princess, I'd wear a bigger tiara.
-I don't know any of these songs!
-They should've saved the vows until after all this preaching and singing. That's the only part people care about so what's the motivation to stay tuned in now?
-I wonder if it's weird getting married in a place knowing the walls and floors are stuffed full of dead people.
-Oh, that was nice that they sang America the Beautiful.

Hey, I didn't claim to have intelligent thoughts at 3AM. Just that I had thoughts.
Anyway, now I have a headache and I blame those jokers for getting married in the middle of the night.

Unrelated, but I think I forgot deodorant today. Fortunately we have some in the office. Unfortunately it's Speed Stick- Adventure scent, or something along those lines. Pretty sure I smell like a man now. Fantastic.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
They sang America the Beautiful, but they got the words all wrong. Those crazy Brits.

Also, I'm pretty sure I forgot to wear deodorant the other day. I had some in my gym bag in the car, but I didn't go get it. Ha ha. Now everyone knows my stinky secret.
Adriane said…
I stayed up until 5:30 so that we could watch all the coverage, and now I feel like death. I'm glad these things don't happen all the time.

Also, I love Harry the most, even though I think redheaded men are kind of sick. And I love the name Harry.

Popular Posts