Flashback Friday #5

Today we're taking a little journey back to the year 2000. Here I am at my first real job, selling ice cream and candy at Walt Disney World. (Well, obviously we're not actually selling stuff in this picture, but generally that was what was going on.)

I worked at Disney for the first semester of my sophomore year. I wish I could remember my job title because it was something fancy-sounding, but I can't think of what it was. Anyway, I worked retail at the BoardWalk, a resort/vacation club/ entertainment district.

There were a few different shops on the Boardwalk but the best by far was Seashore Sweets, the ice cream and candy shop. Most of the cast members working there were college program kids like myself, so no one was really in charge of us most of the time. And that meant we had a lot of fun. And a lot of free treats.

Sometimes the line would be long, ridiculously long, as lines for ice cream at Disney are apt to be, and my arms would be sore for days. I became ambidextrous at ice cream scooping. We'd be going along, scooping like mad, when some joker would come along and order a milkshake and mess up the flow. Shame on you, milkshake people! You know who you are.

Other than sore (but strong) arms, I picked up a lot of tricks on how to score free food from Disney. I won't post about that though because it's shady. Heh heh heh...



Comments

Anonymous said…
You look about 7 years old.
AprilJ said…
Well now I want to hear how to get free food at Disney!

Popular Posts