There is a chocolate chip cookie taunting me right now.

I can hear it calling me even though it's all the way in the back and I'm up front at my desk.
It's from Paradise Bakery. It arrived yesterday around lunchtime, with a dozen of its friends, and has been sitting back there trying to get my attention for the last hour or so.

I'm not hungry for a chocolate chip cookie. I'm not hungry for anything. I'm bored though, and I think the cookie knows that, or else it wouldn't be so loud. That cookie is practically screaming at me to come back there and get it. It's all, put me in the microwave! Heat me up just a little so I'll be all soft and warm and delicious! Eat me, even though you aren't hungry and will have lunch in an hour anyway!

That cookie needs to shut it.

Chances are, if I ignore it long enough, someone else is going to hear it and then it will be all over. Then later, when it might be more appropriate to eat a cookie, or when I could use a tasty treat to break up the long afternoon, there won't be any cookie to enjoy, and I will be sad. So maybe I should eat that cookie now. Or at least bring it to my desk, to keep it safe until I am ready for it.

Do you see what that cookie is doing to me? It's trying to tempt me to hide food in my desk, like I have some kind of a problem! This is not right, not right at all.

Maybe I should at least take inventory of the cookie box, to find out how urgent the situation is. If there are many cookies left, I can leave it alone. But what if there are just a few? Or maybe even just the one? What will I do then?

It would be nice to have a cup of coffee with that cookie. A latte, perhaps.

No- that is what the cookie wants! Not only is it trying to get me to eat something I don't need and am not hungry for, it's also telling me to waste money on coffee that I also don't need or want. These are cookie mind-games! A chocolate chip cookie is playing mind games with me!

I'm totally going to eat that cookie.

Comments

Filleman Family said…
you totally should - I have a treat calling my name as well!

Popular Posts