Slapdash

1. Slapdash means careless.
2. It is supposedly a synonym for random.
3. I was googling synonyms for random so I could have a new title for this blog.
4. I don't think slapdash really fits the bill.
5. But I like it, so it's staying.
6. I only have to work until noon today.
7. It's 9:15 and I haven't done any work yet.
8. Well, I did take a message.
9. When I get off work I have to go home and pack.
10. I am going to Duncan for Thanksgiving.
11. I will leave once I finish packing.
12. This morning I saw firemen busting in to my neighbor's house.
13. They weren't really busting.
14. They climbed in a window.
15. I don't know why.
16. I had to get in the shower so I couldn't keep watching.
17. When I was out of the shower, they'd already left.
18. Perhaps they were trying to fry a turkey.
19. I want to learn to embroider this weekend.
20. I already looked up how to do it on the internet.
21. But I have never actually tried it.
22. My Gram knows how to embroider.
23. She might be able to teach me.
24. Once I know how I will embroider a little peacock to hang on the wall.
25. It's going to be part of my art wall.
26. In my mind it looks really cute.
27. In my mind I have company that stays in my middle room.
28. They rave about how cute my art wall is.
29. In reality there is no company.
30. And there is no art wall.
31. Yet.
32. My motivation is lacking these days.
33. I hope it comes back at some point.
34. I miss it.
35. I ate chocolate frosted donettes for breakfast.
36. They weren't even that delicious.
37. And now my stomach hurts.
38. Did you know that chocolate frosted donettes have beef fat in them?
39. It's true.
40. I noticed it once while reading the ingredient list.
41. I don't recommend reading the ingredients on things like that.
42. It will gross you out.
43. But if you're me, it won't stop you from eating them anyway.
44. And then you will get a stomach ache.
45. Beef fat for breakfast.
46. I also ate a banana and drank a bottle of milk.
47. Those little bottles of milk have extraordinarily long expiration dates.
48. This is something I feel we should be concerned about.
49. How can milk be good for months?
50. What exactly did they do to that small milk?
51. I drank it anyway, but I was not happy about it.
52. I don't trust it.
53. I think maybe it's not really milk.
54. And now my stomach hurts.
55. It's almost 9:30 now.
56. I've answered a few more phone calls.
57. But have mainly just been working on this blog.
58. I am a world-champion time waster.
59. I've done all of my Christmas shopping while at work.
60. Well, not all.
61. More like 98%.
62. I still have a few things to buy.
63. Then I will be done.
64. Then I can put up my tree.
65. And wrap up those presents.
66. That will be probably be fun.
67. It could be kind of depressing if you think about it too much.
68. I will try not to think too much.
69. But that is another thing I am world-champion of.
70. Overthinking.
71. You're not supposed to end a sentence with of.
72. But I did it twice just now.
73. I'm crazy like that.
74. Yep, crazy is just about right.
75. I will end this slapdash blog with a picture.
76. It's a picture of One Armed Dolly.
77. It was taken by a 3 year old.
78. I think he is 3.
79. I'm not positive.
80. I think it's pretty artistic.
81. Enjoy the photo.
82. And have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Comments

AprilJ said…
1. Totally artistic picture.
2. Taken by an almost-3-yr old.
3. I think you should turn that photo into art-wall-art by having it printed on a canvas.
4. It's true.
5. You shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition.
6. You can tell if a word is a preposition by inserting it into the following sentence:
7. "The cow jumped _______ the tree"
8. Happy Thanksgiving :)
Filleman Family said…
echo the preposition :) I use: "the rabbit ran _______ the house" And yes, almost three but he acts like/talks like he is five so . . .
Erin said…
The word of doesn't fit into either of those sentences. Maybe of is not a preposition after all. Maybe it's just a bad word to end a sentence with. Maybe with is a preposition! The cow jumped with the tree! Trees don't jump, but if you replace tree with frog, then with is totally a preposition.

Popular Posts