Don't Throw Your Baby At Me

I was reading something on the Internet about Rome, and about how these dodgy gypsies have all sorts of little tricks they play on unsuspecting tourists in order to steal from them. One of the scams, apparently, is that a woman will toss her baby at you and, if you have any heart at all, you'll catch it. I guess in the process you either drop all of your belongings, or maybe an accomplice gypsy uses the distraction to rob you blind. I'm not sure of the details. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that if anyone throws a baby at me, I'm just going to let it hit the ground. I don't even like babies that much, so, you know. If you don't want your baby dropped on the ground, you probably shouldn't go tossing it around. That's my theory.

I don't know where I was going with this. I guess I'm just trying to illustrate one of the many, many things I am stressing out about right now. What to pack, what to wear, what possible ways gypsies might try to steal my passport. I think I need a Xanax.

Comments

Amy Filleman said…
Oh, don't worry. We'll have xanax!! Seriously, like 4 of them.one for each of us on each of the long flights so that we will not have a care in the world and will sleep all 11 hours!!
AprilJ said…
What you need is one of those passport belts that you wear UNDER your clothes.. like a secret fanny pack but it's a belt. that holds your passport. Do you know what I'm talking about? Then you can worry about flying babies without wondering if your passport will be stolen.
Adriane said…
that makes me really sad.

both the thought of a baby flying through the air, you resorting to drugs, and mostly you having to wear a passport belt. I think thats the new pocket protector.
GeleeneG said…
I'm not sure why a gypsy would want your passport. Cash, probably. Passport? I don't know. But I was also thinking of those strap on (he he) passport things. Super dorky, but at least you could keep your passport and some of your money in a different, more secure location than your purse.
Erin said…
Umm...I was just kidding about drugs. Isn't it illegal, you know, to take prescription drugs without a prescription? I think I'll pass. And I'll pass on the secret fanny pack too, as awesome as that sounds. I'll just take my chances with the gypsies.

Popular Posts