Friday I'm In Love

No, I'm not.
I just put that because it's a phrase.
And it's Friday.
I'm the only one at the office today.
It's cool because I can listen to music.
And work at my own pace.
By work, I mean not work.
I am 'training' for a race.
I use the word training loosely.
Mostly I just run around my block.
My iPod device tells me how far I've gone.
Yesterday I ate an Atomic Fireball while running.
I bet I'm the only person on Earth who eats candy during exercise.
Probably kind of defeats the purpose.
But after my run, Tiger Woods said I'd recorded my fastest mile yet.
Coincidence?
I think not.
One bad thing about running is that my face turns red.
Bright red.
As red as an Atomic Fireball.
As red as the heart on my Virginia is for Lovers shirt.
Will you get disapproving looks for wearing that shirt?
The answer is yes, yes you will.
Get your minds out of the gutter, pervs.
That's what I say.
Tonight I am going to a dessert birthday party.
I am taking cannoli.
I made the shells last night.
I made them miniature.
Bite-sized cannoli?
Delicious.
Tomorrow I am getting a haircut.
But probably it will just be a trim.
I am growing my hair out.
I need to be able to pull it back when I go to Greece.
Because I don't trust those voltage converters.
And I don't want to be responsible for exploding the hotel.
Or destroying my electronics.
That would be even worse.
These are things that I have to consider.
So I will grow my hair out.
Just to be safe.
Now I think I will play some Yahoo! games.
And then I will do some insurance.
It's going to be a hot time
In the old town
tonight!

Comments

GeleeneG said…
Oh yeah, I got a Virginia is for Lovers sticker at the boat show the other day. Do you have one already?

Also, our email is down so this is my only way of communicating with you currently.
AprilJ said…
How does Tiger Woods talk to you on your ipod exercise thing? I just have a lady that sounds like the one on GPS thingys. Maybe it's because Clayton set it up?
Erin said…
Oh, I don't really know what Tiger is doing on there. Sometimes Lance Armstrong comes on, and sometimes TW. I've only heard TW when I finish a mile workout, so maybe it has something to do with that?
Adriane said…
I always get looks with that shirt. My friend always thinks it says Virgin Lovers. That makes it worse.
Filleman Family said…
Parker also turns an crayon box shade of red when he exerts himself in any way, shape or form. Davis gets really concerned and tell me constantly that I need to get him some water or some sunscreen - like I am neglecting my motherly duties. I think it is just his thing to turn bright red. Maybe its genetic :)
GeleeneG said…
Yeah, my Nike Fit thing (or whatever it is called) also has just generic GPS lady or man. If I had a celebrity cheering me on I might do better. Ok, probably not, but it's a nice excuse.

Popular Posts