Here are some observations.

I don't have anything to blog about but I know all my loyal followers are probably like, what is up? Why don't you write any blogs for us to read? We are bored! Because I know that's how I get when the blogs I follow don't post updates. (Hint hint, that includes like 70% of my followers.) Anyhow, here are some observations and other random tidbits to tide you over until I actually have something to say.

*On the way to work I passed a newspaper salesman guy. Salesman is probably not the right word, but you know who I am talking about. The guy in the median, selling newspapers to stopped cars? Only this was a guy I'd never seen before and he was waving his newspaper around, pointing at the headlines, and yelling. "Hey! Newspaper!" Emphatic pointing. "Newspaper!" Yeah, buddy, we know the drill. We don't want your newspaper.

*We're having an open enrollment meeting tomorrow and someone from the group just e-mailed me to say she thought we should bring St. Patrick's Day cookies and something green to drink, possibly limeade. Um...okay? We're insurance brokers, not caterers. We leave the treats to the carriers. Weird. It's presumptuous enough to ask us to bring food, but to have a specific order struck me as really odd and a little rude. But whatever.

*My boss asked me to prepare a little spreadsheet with some benefit summaries for a meeting. He was like, "I'll need 50." And I was like, "50? Are you sure?" and he said yes. So I started with the copies and after like 2 hours of the copier collating and stapling these packets, he's like, "I don't need those summaries, just the little spreadsheet." Ugh. After I used half the world's paper supply to make the summaries. So irritating.

*Speaking of irritating, I went online to book my trip to Greece and the date we'd decided on is sold out. This is not that big of a deal, but sometimes a thing like this happens and you get really frustrated and feel like throwing things and stomping your feet like a petulant child. I won't tell you how I reacted to the news. Let's leave that to your imagination.

Grumble grumble grumble. I am in a bad mood.

Comments

AprilJ said…
So, I'm thinking you should forget the treats for tomorrow's meeting (because the only green drink I want to drink is a almond tequila margarita, not a limeade) and buy a newspaper from the newspaper guy (which, by the way, we don't have in AK nor did we have in TX.. is that an AZ thing?!). Just keep on killing trees. Trees are green.. St Patrick's day is green. See?

Popular Posts