Things That Are Not Work

Yesterday was the deadline for my big important project. It was a hit- people love color-coded sections, let me tell you. I even had to stay an hour late for the meeting. I know, what?! I don't even work 90% of the time, much less work late. In any case, today I am taking some much needed time off (while at work) to de-stress. Not really though, I'm just doing my normal thing. With that said, I now present you with a list of things I have been doing that might not be considered work in the purest sense of the word.

1. Reading articles on Yahoo! news. I just read a good one about some cruise passengers in the Mediterranean who were killed by a rogue wave. (I added rogue wave myself because I like the sound of it). I am pretty sure it's the same cruise line, that Lord and my bank account willing, I'll be on in almost exactly 5 months. Hopefully I won't be killed when I'm there, though.

2. "Next Blog-ing"- This is where I start with a blogger blog that I like and then go to the top and click "Next Blog" over and over and over, and reading until I find something good. As far as I can tell, blogs are sort of grouped by subject, so you can sometimes come across some pretty interesting stuff this way. It has the added benefit of being a massive time-waster.

3. Internet Window Shopping- I can't shop for real but I can definitely look at things I might buy if I were able. Mother's Day and my mom's birthday are just around the corner and I spend lots and lots of time e-mailing links to my sister for her opinion on this or that. I would not be exaggerating to say that my sister and I e-mail each other back and forth around 100 times a day. Maybe more, even.

4. Making Lists- Starting tonight I'm hosting Bible Study at my house. Which is awesome- now I don't have to go anywhere but to the living room from my bedroom. But I can't recall the last time I had company at my house that wasn't my family, and I'm totally stressed out about it. So I make a lot of lists of things I need to do to make sure that everything is ready and clean and presentable.

5. Facebooking- I'd be lying if this wasn't happening on a constant basis around these parts. I compulsively check to see if anyone is doing anything new. I know which friends are always around, and I send them messages. I play with my restaurant. I look at friend's pages, then follow links to other pages, and on and on and on until I'm so bored I can't stand it anymore. Then 5 minutes later I do it again.

6. Actual work- Boo. You'd think after I do a big project that would be all the work I'd have to do for a while, but not so. Life is so unfair. My boss keeps coming around wanting to go over this or that and I'm all, ugh, sigh, I guess I have time for that. I'll have to postpone reading this blog about 150 ways to fry a duck, but whatever.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
Am I still a horrible waiter or whatever in your restaurant? Oh wait, I think I was a tuxedo-wearing bathroom cleaner. Am I getting any better or have you fired me?

Popular Posts