Titles are Hard

I'm not that good at making up titles for my blog, but I bet when I go to Europe this summer, if I have internet access, and if I have the time and inclination to update my blog, I will write titles like "When In Rome..." and "It's all Greek to Me". Because, I mean, who could resist? So you have that to look forward to.

This is the Slowest. Week. Ever. Yesterday I went to the mall during work to shop for a baby shower present for an agent at another office that we work with. She already has a kid so we thought we'd get some Bath and Body Works stuff for the mom. Then in Bath and Body Works, the sales lady was showing us all around the store. She made us try the most popular scent, Lavender something. It was gross and for the rest of the day that nasty smell would waft by and I'd want to puke all over my desk.

One summer there was this infomercial on TV for the Nissan Altima. It was like a mini-movie with a storyline and everything, and then it would be interrupted with details about Nissan Altimas, such as "Nissan Altimas start at only fifteen thousand dollars." I can't remember the plot, but at one point the lead woman character was all, "A familiar smell wafted by" and wafted was pronounced like wofted, rhymes with lofted. Until then I'd always thought it was wafted, rhymes with rafted. Thanks Nissan, for teaching me words!

Have you ever read that book, "A Confederacy of Dunces'? A friend loaned it to me once and was like, "Best book eveeeeeeeeeer!" And I read it and thought it was stupid. The lead character was completely unlikable- who wants to read a book like that? His name was Ignatius. I knew a girl in college who had one of those bug-eyed dogs, a pug, I think? And his name was Ignatius Christmas. But I don't know if it was after that book or not.

I guess Warren Buffet isn't the richest dude on Earth anymore. But he's still pretty rich so maybe he'll still send me a check, just for being awesome. My friend is going to Omaha, Nebraska today and that happens to be where the illustrious Mr. Buffet resides. So I told my friend to keep an eye out for ol' Uncle Warren and to get me some money. And barring that, to send me a postcard. I've never had a postcard from Omaha, Nebraska before.

This blog reminds me of Paul Harvey News because it's just a bunch of random little updates that are not related to each other. Paul Harvey would probably talk about Warren Buffet but probably would not talk about A Confederacy of Dunces. If it was Paul Harvey- The Rest of the Story, he might talk about some kind of red velcro donkey or something. But Paul Harvey is dead, so, you know. He's not talking about much of anything anymore.

Good Day

haha, Get it? Because that's how Paul Harvey used to end his broadcasts? Well, the news broadcasts anyway. I think for The Rest of the Story Paul Harvey would say, "And now you know, the Rest of the Story." And then maybe, Good Day.

If you people would update your blogs more often I wouldn't be so bored that I am forced to crank out nonsense like this and post it on the Internets. Just sayin'.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
I was watching tv the other day (Parks and Recreation, maybe?) and one of the characters said something about Warren Buffet, only he pronounced it Buff-ay, like the piece of furniture, or a place with a lot of food, like Golden Corral.
Adriane said…
I learned how to say "waft" from some movie. I can't actually remember what though. Also from Mr. Malloy in Chemistry Lab (you don't smell it, you waft it).

I'm Paul Harvey...Good Day!
Filleman Family said…
lost my camera cord - but when I find it there will be a riveting filleman family blog post :) at least your blog never disappoints!

Popular Posts