Things I've Won

I had to write this now even though it's not List Wednesday, because I keep having the idea and then forgetting and then remembering again, but I'll remember it when I'm someplace like the shower and I can't write a blog in the shower. Well, I can write it in my head, but by the time I'm out of the shower I've forgotten all about it again. So it's like special edition List Monday. What a special treat for you all!

1. Coca-Cola 100th Anniversary Glasses. I did a tiny bit of research on this (Read: googled and looked at one link) and I think these were from 1986. I won them in a drawing at Smith's grocery store in Flagstaff. I was 5. I remember being all, these are my glasses and no one else can use them and I will take them to college with me. By the time college rolled around, approximately 13 years later, I had one glass left. I didn't take it with me. It's still in my closet at my parent's house though. I just saw one for sale on eBay for $2 so it doesn't look like I'll be getting rich off this little treasure, which is really too bad. I'm more of a Pepsi girl.

2. Smooshie doll. A smooshie was a little fabric doll or animal or whatever that came with a plastic toy and you would smoosh the doll into the plastic thing. Mine was a bird and a birdcage. I won it at Adriane's preschool carnival in a raffle. I was too old for it, I think, but the point is that I won it! That was a lucky day for me, as I also won...

3. Tie-dyed/painted t-shirt. I don't know if I actually won a certificate for a t-shirt or a gift certificate for a store that only sold ugly t-shirts, but I know that I ended up with this atrocious tie-dyed shirt that had some kind of a western scene painted on it with black paint. There may have also been some beading. It was probably pretty fancy for Camp Verde. Heh.


4. Scholarship in the form of a meal plan. I won this in college and it was basically awesome because, um, food. Lots of it. 19 meals a week, I think, which was the best meal plan money could buy. I don't know how I was entered for this, or why I won, but the semester I was the most generous roommate ever, just buying everyone meals left and right, as though money was no object. And it wasn't, because of my gigantic meal plan. Score.

Here's where I'd be like, readers, have you ever won anything? And then my cousin April will be all, I won a broom and a refrigerator and a car on the Price is Right, so, basically, I win at winning. So readers, I don't care what you've won. This is about me. Me!!!

Just kidding though. You can tell me what you've won, if you want. April will beat us all, but that's OK.

Comments

GeleeneG said…
At first I thought I had never won anything but then I remembered that I won an air hockey table at my high school grad night. I think it was like a door prize - I didn't do anything and they were like you won an air hockey table, yay. But I don't think I've won anything else besides that.
Erin said…
Oh yeah, and that might have been my doing because as you left for the party I was like, "I hope you win an air hockey table!" I didn't know the power of my own words or I would've wished you'd win the car. Sorry.
Adriane said…
I won the science fair once. Actually, I think that counts for you too because as I recall you did most of the work. "Bridges of Yavapai County"
Erin said…
I won the science fair too. I've won a lot of awards- this was more like random prizes. And I remember Bridges of Yavapai County. hahaha. Hilarious.
Filleman Family said…
I've been waiting for a Monday post . . and you didn't disappoint :) yeah! I am pretty much the most unlucky person in the world - I never win anything. I don't even randomly win when I try to gamble in Vegas or on a cruise. so sad. Mark does regularly remind me that I was a winner in a big way when I managed to land him so I guess that will stand alone on my trophy shelf :)

Popular Posts