The Internet Teases Me With Delicious Snacks

Every day in my e-mail and on Facebook and just generally wherever I go around the internet, I see this ad for some kind of coupon website. Supposedly you can register and they'll send you massive coupons and you can save loads of money on whatever it is. I'd show you the coupon, but as per usual, now that I'm writing a blog about it, the ad is nowhere to be seen. Anyhow, my issue with the ad is twofold:

1. It is illustrated with photos of delicious looking treats. It's usually a cupcake- I'm not one of those crazy cupcake lovers but I definitely enjoy one every now and then, especially when it's a picture-perfect version with some kind of chocolatey frosting and a little embellishment on top. Ah-ha! I got it! Here is one of the cupcake ads:

So I have to look at that cupcake and then I want a cupcake and then I eat 400 jelly beans to make up for it. Sometimes it's other food, like another extravagant dessert, or a different type of cupcake, or sushi. Here I have captured the other cupcake:

Yum, right? Aren't you thinking, I will sign up for these coupons if it means I will get that cupcake in my greedy little hands!

That brings me to my 2nd issue with the ad.

2. There are no Daily Deals for Tucson! I tried to register for their site, to get 50% OFF Tucson's Best Stuff (presumably cupcakes) only for them to be all, Oh! Sick burn! You can't have a cupcake! You can't have any deals at all! Maybe one day we'll offer deals in Tucson, and then you can have them, but until then we'll continue to tempt you with these photos of treats that you will NEVER HAVE!!! So they lure me in with false promises of a yummy cupcake and then snatch it away.

I hate you, Living Social, I really do.

That's all I wanted to say. No cupcake, no deals, sad day.

Comments

Callie said…
That same picture of a cupcake is alwasy on my Facebook but it's promising Dallas deals or something. I smell a scam.

Popular Posts