Here are Some Planes

This weekend I went to the AIR SHOW! because I like planes. No, I don't know why I wrote that. My friend is in the Air Force so she was working and you get to go inside the plane and poke buttons and I am five years old so that is massively appealing to me. So some friends and I trekked down to the base for the AIR SHOW!

We only went inside one plane- that is the C 130. I don't know much about this plane other than that I believe the C stands for cargo and that it's maybe used for Combat search and rescue. But maybe not. There were a lot of different planes at the AIR SHOW! but there were also like 7 million little kids all wanting to go in the planes (annoying, right? Darn little kids) so we just went in Sarah's plane. The C 130. It was mostly blank on the inside until we went into the cockpit, and then we got to pretend to fly and take a lot of pictures and act generally annoying and embarrassing.

After we toured the plane, we waited around for the flying show to start. I made up that name but that's basically what it is. I think maybe these flyers (pilots? Planes? Dunno.) are called the Thunderbirds. And they are really fancy and show-offy and they zoom around really fast and almost crash and you're like Oh! Pull up! Pull up! because you think they are going straight into the ground, and then quick as a fox they are back in the air, not crashing.

Sometimes they fly in formation, like this:

And then you are watching those plans and being all, ooh, ahh, look at that!

And then another plane will sneakily swoop in from the back, all low, and be loud and scary and break your eardrums.

Vrooom! That's how it sounds. Well, more like VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

And then they do some more almost-crashing and many other airplane tricks, and everyone loves it, and it's cool and fun.

And that is the AIR SHOW!

Also, there is funnel cake.

The end.

Comments

Adriane said…
Don't those planes some times crash at air shows? Then the little kids are scared for the rest of their lives and can't go anywhere cool because of their irrational fear of diving planes.
Erin said…
Yeah, I think sometimes they do. When we were walking in, but before we really got to the airfield or whatever, we could see tons of black smoke and I was a little bit freaking out. I think they were just blowing things up though, and not crashing. But I already have a somewhat irrational fear that I will see a plane crash, so this was a little stressful for me.
Anonymous said…
You guys are forgetting something very important here. Sometimes the planes crash INTO the crowd. Think how scarring that would be.
AprilJ said…
Being married to an AF pilot, I also have an irrational fear of planes crashing, particularly at air shows. I therefore hate them for the mere risk of being killed by a crashing plane while I'm at an air show under duress already. The thunderbirds are F16s, our old plane.. We refer to the guy who sneaks up on you as "the sneaky bastard" because that's what he is. I don't know anything about C130s, really, but I painted a lot of them on canvases in October. Random. Glad you had fun. Jet noise is the sound of freedom.

Popular Posts