Look at this Cute Bunny

On Friday I saved a bunny's life. I am serious. My parents have an evil cat named Sebastian. He is evil because he scratches and is mean and won't let me touch him. I saw him in the back yard chasing something and then I realized it was a tiny baby rabbit and I was like, "NO! No, don't eat that bunny!" and I chased after that evil cat. Luckily the cats desire not to be touched by me was stronger than his desire to eat that bunny, and he stopped his pursuit and fled in the opposite direction. After that the bunny looked like this:

It was all, I am a stone, I am a stone, you cannot see me. And it was right, I could barely see it. When I did see it, I tried to grab it but it hopped off.

Then I chased it around and cornered it and then I captured it. VICTORY! When I captured him, he looked like this:


ZOMGS, you guys, have you ever seen anything so adorable?! I mean, just look at that little face and those little ears and those witty bitty wittle bunny feet! SO CUTE!!! Awww, bunny.

Anyway I put that bunny in a Corona Lite box and we gave him some water and lettuce and grass and he didn't want any of that. I thought that in exchange for saving his life he at least owed me a bunny photo shoot, in which I'd place him in an Easter basket and maybe coming out of a plastic egg and other stuff like that, but all he wanted to do was cower in the corner. My mom said I couldn't keep him, and it was just like Jonathan the Toad all over again.

So Adriane and I released the bunny into the wild of the yard, even though he was so tiny and soft and cute I knew an eagle or a cat or an owl or a coyote or a snake would gobble him right up.

I was very sorry to see the little guy go.

So after an hour, I went back to where we'd released him and he was still there! It was a Good Friday miracle! I captured that bunny again.

And I held him and petted him and told him he was the cutest and best bunny I'd ever had. Then it was time for me to go to Crusty's Pizza so I released him once again. Adriane went back to check for him later and he wasn't there, so hopefully he rejoined his mother and was safe at home in the bunny nest. Or whereever rabbits live.

And that is the story of how I saved a bunny and how I had to let him go again and it was sad and I really loved that little bunny. I wish I could've kept him home because I think my cat really wants her own pet bunny. And she wouldn't have eaten it.

Comments

Amy Filleman said…
Oh my gosh!! I had no idea that the bunny was so tiny!! You do catch the cutest tiny creatures. I remember Jonathan the Toad, he was tiny and cute too. You are like a tiny pet rescuer!! I think it would have been fantastic if you had taken him home and made him your own. On a similar note, as my car was in the shop, my mom took me to work this morning. As I was getting out of the car she says, "oh look! Peter Cottontail". And I'm like WTH?? She then points to a small bunny scampering across the grass, it was cute. I then told her she was a big, huge freak. That is all. Thank you for your witty blog post. They liven my day Also, the word to post today is "thodli" where do they come usp with these things??
GeleeneG said…
I think I've already shared my thoughts as bunnies as pets, so I'll keep quiet. He was pretty cute though.
Filleman Family said…
This is Davis' favorite blog post of the day. Funniest quote, "Why can't she keep him?" (Aunt Brenda said no, buddy) "That is not good - Erin should just take him to Tucson, Aunt Brenda isn't there". Oh dear - clearly submission to your parents isn't fresh on my 5-yr-old's mind :) Very impressive find. So tiny and cute!
Erin said…
Davis is right, I should have just brought him to Tucson with me. Now I'll never have a baby bunny again. :(
AprilJ said…
I am LMAO reading this post. Well done. There's just one thing I'm wondering.. where is your mom keeping her beer if you took her Corona box?
Josh said…
That rabbit (or the cat?) has a really good sense of timing. If this same situation had happened Fourth of July weekend, it wouldn't have been quite as awesome.

Popular Posts