Monday Monday (do do, do de do do)

I like to ease into Mondays nice and slowly. Like climbing into a swimming pool. I just want to get my feet used to the water first. So I am cleaning out my desk. I found files from 2008. Those can probably go. I've made a big stack of stuff to shred. That's good because later I get to kill more time shredding. People don't bother me when I'm shredding.

I got 2 new trees. I tried to plant them this weekend but was not successful. I wanted to plant one by my bedroom window. I dug a hole and filled it with water. This is how you tell if you can put the tree there- you must fill the hole with water and if it drains in a couple of hours, you can plant. If it doesn't drain, you have to dig deeper, or plant elsewhere. My hole did not drain, so I dug deeper. Still didn't drain. Apparently I was trying to plant in the half circle of death. Nothing grows there, not even weeds. That should've been a sign to me, but I kept digging. Anyway now the hole is as deep as the entire tree and still won't drain and tree planting was a big old failure. I guess I have to put the tree somewhere else. It has to be within 15 feet of the house though and if I don't the electric company will probably come and take it away from me and I'll be like an unfit tree parent. Sad day.

I have a new hobby. It is paper quilling. I haven't actually tried it yet but when I do it's going to be awesome. Prepare to be seeing many quilled things in the future. Hey spellcheck, quilling is a word. So is quilled. So is spellcheck. Ok, maybe not spellcheck.

My friend joined an online dating site and it got me intrigued. I am not sure that I am desperate enough to resort to that- not that I even think it's desperate, exactly, but it does feel like giving up on meeting anyone a normal way. Anyway, I was intrigued and although I am not ready at the moment to make that move for myself, I was inspired to check out plentyoffish.com to see what was out there. I know those guys are totally subpar because POF is free and only cheapo gross guys would sign up on a free dating site, but anyway, I was checking it out, and I think I am probably too much of a snob for online dating. Because all the profiles said stuff like this:

"I love to work as little as possible but still make grate money. I have a big hart. my biggest gole is to find someone to share my grate life with. I also want to have at least 3 businesses at the end of the year. For a first date I would start with a dam good meal weather at my house or a restaurant depends on the girl. after that something simple like a nice walk in the park .from this point on we should both now if we mix or not and if so just go with the flow .I have a motorcycle again so a nice ride threw town."

I copied this straight from a profile. It's so bad that it can't be real, right? I thought maybe it was a joke but there's no joke mentioned so I don't know. It's painful to read. Not unlike this blog, but at least I know how to spell. Anyway, I'm afraid I'd try to make a profile and it would end up as a rant about the difference between there, their and they're and no guy would ever want to date me. Sigh. 

Oh man. I hope the guy who wrote that doesn't decide to Google the stuff from his profile and find this blog. That would be embarrassing.  Or maybe it would be a love match! After all, he does have a big hart.

Comments

Filleman Family said…
that is hilariously sad! please, please don't sign up for a site like that. on a more serious note however I have had several friends meet, date and marry their spouses in that way and they are all awesome people. I think it just might be a current way to meet people . . .
GeleeneG said…
I think you should go with the Craigs List ads. There are lots of winners on there. I'm sure they are not all scary, creepy, murderers.
AprilJ said…
I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING! OUT LOUD!! ALONE IN MY LIVING ROOM! Geleene definitely has a point.. Craig's List ads are definitely Target to that other site's Pick-n-Save. For sure... I, too, know people who have made love connections online. Meanwhile, I think Amy and I might actually know the person who posted that ad.. like, it might actually be one of our relatives..I mean how many people can actually be that poor of a speller?
Amy Filleman said…
I needed the laugh that your post just gave me!! Thank you once again for brightening my day. Uhhh, April and I are totally related to the person who could have posted that. The spelling is actually painful, yet oh so amusing. The mass murderers on Craig's List would actually be preferable to the total morons on that site IF those are the options though, maybe being single isnt so bad after all. Although, my best friend did just get on eharmony, met someone the first day on it, and has been with him for about a month now and seems really happy. Sp I guess you never know,
GeleeneG said…
It's funny that April and Amy comment about being related to the poor speller. I actually commented to Erin about a relative who might write a similar ad.

Popular Posts