Wear Sunscreen. And also, socks.

Yesterday I decided to go on a hike wearing brand new shoes. What a great opportunity, I thought, to break them in and determine if they are good for walking a lot!

Bad idea, friends. Bad, bad idea.

I did not take any photos of the bloody stumps that used to be my feet, but let's just say my new shoes have a new dye job. Red.

I also did not take a picture of the fancy sunburn I got. This is not your ordinary sunburn- this is the type of sunburn you get when you miss a few random spots with the spray-on sunscreen. It's very modern, I think. Triangles and stuff. Nice.

I did pictures of the scenery but I have realized that I have basically no eye for photography and my pictures reflect that. Sad day, that. I will show you the best of the not great photos though, and you can try to imagine how it really looked.






So, it was nice and desert-y and there were lots of flowers and cacti and this one gross lizard. Yuck.

This last picture has nothing to do with anything, except that I think it's really funny. So, I am dogsitting right now. Today I was putting up laundry and the dog busted into my bedroom, which is my cat's refuge, and this was the result. It's bad picture because I took it with my phone. Don't worry though, it's funny anyway.


Comments

AprilJ said…
That is a funny picture of your kitty. They all look the same when they're scared.. Sorry about your sunburn. Good thing we've got the Karen connection for our future skin cancer needs. Wear that sunscreen.
GeleeneG said…
We went on a bike ride on Saturday and a turtle was on the path. It was cute.
Filleman Family said…
This is not good for the Pat's Run in less than a week - you could always put your bloody stumps in my jogger stroller and Amy and i could push you :) haha
Erin said…
Michelle, I know! I forgot about it until I could barely walk and then I was all, AHH! I have a run in a week! This is bad news. I will suffer through though.

Popular Posts