This one time, I did a race.

Well you jokers, it looks like I can cross one item off of my life list.

Sort of.

Last weekend I ran- well, completed, anyway- a 5k. Only not even a 5k- more than a 5k. 6.759k, if we are being specific. Which, um, we are.

That's kind of all there is to the story. There was a race. I was in it. I didn't win. Actually, I got 14,389th place. I know you're pretty impressed by that. I finsihed in 52 minutes and 33 seconds. I ran with Michelle, who definitely could have run the entire way if I hadn't been slowing her down, but she was kind enough to walk when I did and not leave me behind by myself. Amy and Adriane were also in the race, but they took their time in order to fully appreciate the scenery. And by scenery, I mean men.

The awesome thing about being in a race is that when you are finished, you get free stuff. Like bananas and Gatorade. And then for the rest of the day, or even the weekend, if you really milk it, you get to moan and groan whenever you stand up or move or breathe. And you get to eat whatever you want. Waffles? 4.2 miles. McDonalds? 4.2 miles! Nachos? 4.2 miles!! Cheesecake? FOUR POINT TWO MILES!!! See?

Here are some pictures I stole borrowed from the race website. I have added an arrow to assist in locating me, otherwise it's like Where's Waldo, only everyone is dressed alike. Michelle is also in these pictures, but I didn't put arrows on her in case she didn't want to be recognized.

So, that's it. Run a 5k, check. Ish.




Comments

Adriane said…
In my picture, I'm smiling like a fool.
Erin said…
Haha, you and Amy both are. Funny.
Filleman Family said…
It was super fun. More fun than I was expecting. Thx for hanging with me. I came home and looked up more races - thinking of doing the 10 K in San Diego in July . . you should totally come with me!
Amy Filleman said…
I was so happy to go slow and have multiple groups of chanting men run past me:) Maybe some day I'll be an all star runner like you and Michelle.....then again. maybe not. Anyway, had a great time, lets do it again next year. Oh yeah! Thanks for helping me push the car!! The word for posting today is premogo.
AprilJ said…
Congrats on that.. my friend up here was trying to convince me to train for a half marathon with her. Apparently, she smokes crack because, though I am many things, a runner is not one of them. I do, however, ride 20 miles 3x per week to Target. So maybe I'll do a bike race some day.. for seniors.
GeleeneG said…
April, you are a genius. If I made myself bike to Target every time I went I'd be in amazing shape.
Erin said…
Geleene, you'd also be rich because you couldn't buy anything since you'd have no way to transport it.

Popular Posts