Guess What I'm Getting!

If you guessed a 20-room historic haunted hotel, well- you're wrong! My dad basically said no. He shut me down with a lot of technical jargon about "debt" and "profit" and "risk" and "I'm not giving you a million dollars". Whatever, I'm on to the next thing.

And it is this:

Not a baseball team. A baseball player.

That's right.

I'm going to adopt a Toro. My friend told me about this opportunity and I was like, "What? I can adopt one? Can I bring him home?" And imagine my surprise (and delight) when she was all, "Yeah, that's the point, they need places to stay." Um, yes. Yes, please. I think it's too late to adopt one this year as the season is already well underway, but next year- next year I will have my very own baseball player. And I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him and call him George. Ok, maybe none of that. But maybe one day he will become a real baseball player, and he will be famous, and I will be all, "Dudes, that kid used to live with me."

Surely if my dad/investor won't buy me a hotel, my dad/landlord can't object to me getting a baseball player. I want it more than a pony or a dinosaur or anything!

Comments

GeleeneG said…
Do you want it more than a hotel?

That is pretty funny though. Do they really live with you for free? Or do you get some kind of subsidy, like with foster kids?
Erin said…
If I had a hotel, I could get 20 baseball players. Or at least like 10, I would still need some paying customers.

I don't think there's any money involved, but the website doesn't really provide much info. I wonder if I have to feed him? I bet baseball players eat a lot...
Adriane said…
Hopefully he's housebroken.
AprilJ said…
Dude, if you were keeping a minor league baseball player at your house (like a bad puppy), you would definitely need some financial assistance.. I bet you they eat a TON!!!! You would definitely need foster child money or something like that.. You know, I think I'd get the hotel instead of the baseball player. And, BTW, why is my word verification word "WHORS"?

Popular Posts