The Title Has Nothing To Do With The Post.

There's a dead bird on the office doorstep this morning.
I didn't move it.
I don't get paid enough to move dead birds.
But do you think that's some kind of omen?
I don't believe in omens so it doesn't matter.
I went on 3 dates last week.
How do you feel about that?
I feel like it's exhausting.
Dating is exhausting.
A little bit fun.
But mostly draining.
One date told me he didn't like George Bush.
Because G.W. wasn't conservative enough.
I didn't hear much after that.
I was banging my head against the table.
One date told me I was out of his league.
I guess that's a compliment.
But it feels like a lot of pressure.
I'm not even in a league.
I cleaned out my dresser.
I have 20 pairs of jeans.
And that wasn't counting the ones in the wash.
That's excessive.
I need to cut this stuff out of my life.
But I won't.
That is my nature.
This morning I set my car alarm off at the grocery store.
I set that alarm of once a week.
At least.
Stupid Lexus and their stupid poorly placed panic button.
It makes me feel like an idiot.
Maybe no one even cares.
But I feel stupid anyway.
Last night my cat was playing with a bug.
Some kind of spider cricket hybrid.
I went to kill it with the newspaper.
One leg came off.
The leg was twitching around like crazy.
I kept whacking it because I wanted it to stop.
But the more I whacked, the more it twitched.
It was gross.
And slightly unsettling.
Even the cat was not interested in that twitching leg.
I think that this is going to be a long week.
I am not excited.
And my coffee is gross.

Comments

Popular Posts